[Openpts-users] Question about stage measures in grub-ima

Back to archive index

openp****@bohme***** openp****@bohme*****
Fri Oct 2 21:17:05 JST 2009

Seiji Munetoh wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 8:44 AM,  <openp****@bohme*****> wrote:
>
>> You can see the values that I know how to generate, and which one I don't
>> know.  Do you know how to use dd to generate #3 above?  (It is probably easy
>> and I am missing something obvious...)
>>

> not easy, so i made simple Perl script to verify the BIOS and GRUB
> measurement. Pull our openpts's "tools" package from git repo
> and try test/grub-verify.pl script. or you can browse the script here:
> http://git.sourceforge.jp/view?p=openpts/tools.git;a=blob;f=test/grub-verify.pl
>
> Enjoy:-)

To boil it down to a 1-line script for the rest of stage 1.5 (for 25
blocks of stage1.5):

dd if=/dev/hda bs=1 count=$((25*512-624)) skip=$((512+624)) | sha1sum -

That's exactly what I need, thank you very much!

  -P